An apple a day is the only way!
Rose's grows seven different varieties of apples, ranging from the Golden Delicious to the Macoun. Fresh apples seem to go hand in hand with autumn and are a delicious, healthy, versatile food.
At Rose's, we use our apples in our pies, breakfast topping, applesauce and farm fresh cider.
- The best apples for baking are those that mature later in the season. Some of the
best choices are Cortland and Golden Delicious, although we stand by our farm made
pies that contain a mix of several different varieties.
- Keep apples cold! Apples stored at room temperature will ripen ten times faster than
they would in the refrigerator.
- Use only a little sugar to sweeten your freshly picked apples. Too much sugar will
overpower the apple’s taste and make it mushy.
- A healthy treat
- There are only 81 calories in a medium sized apple.
- Apples are high in complex carbohydrates and dietary fiber.
- The texture of an apple acts as “nature’s toothbrush.”
- Apples have no cholesterol and are low in sodium.
Please visit our recipes page for many delicious treats you can make yourself with our produce.